[sane-devel] Mustek scanner problem

Chris Widdows chris at widdows.nl
Sat Feb 17 15:06:34 UTC 2018

Made the changes, but it is not recognised. XSane seems to only pickup
on my webcam. I ran sane-find-scanner as root and this is what I got:

> sane-find-scanner

  # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
  # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
  # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make
sure that
  # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x138a, product=0x0011) at libusb:003:005
found USB scanner (vendor=0x055f, product=0x050c, chip=GL128) at
libusb:001:003
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
supported by

  # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

  # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
  # can't be detected by this program.
> scanimage -L
device `v4l:/dev/video0' is a Noname Integrated Camera virtual device

And this is LMDE2 distro, 64bits, kernel 4.9 (from the jessie
backports). Essentially LMDE2 is a pimped Debian Jessie, which is
oldstable. 16GB Ram, core i7, Disk is a 64GB ssd + 1TB HDD and the HDD
is configured as a bcache-backend, because there's 192GB left on the
ssd, which I use as the bcache cache device.

Rgds Chris