[sane-devel] libsane-imagescan.so.1' (No such file or directory)

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Sun Feb 18 07:42:40 UTC 2018

On 02/17/2018 05:48 PM, Richard Ryniker wrote:
> libsane-imagescan.so.1 is in the rpm package at:
>
>    http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/home:/zhonghuaren/Fedora_27/x86_64/imagescan-3.32.0-8.1.x86_64.rpm
>
> but I have only looked to see this file is there.  I have not tried it.
> Perhaps it will offer you a path forward.  I suspect the package
> referenced above originates from:
>
>      https://github.com/utsushi/imagescan

Hi Richard,

Tears!  :'(

       # dnf repoquery --whatprovides */imagescan
       Last metadata expiration check: 0:03:36 ago on Sat 17
       Feb 2018 11:33:23 PM PST.
       <nothing>

       # dnf repoquery --whatprovides */libsane-imagescan
       Last metadata expiration check: 0:03:45 ago on Sat 17
       Feb 2018 11:33:23 PM PST.
       <nothing>

Sanity check:
      # dnf repoquery --whatprovides firefox
      Last metadata expiration check: 0:07:08 ago on Sat 17
      Feb 2018 11:33:23 PM PST.
      firefox-0:57.0-0.8.fc27.x86_64
      firefox-0:58.0.1-1.fc27.x86_64

I will look in the opensuse repo probably sometime tomorrow.  I
may have to rebuild the SRPM.

Thank you for the help!

-T