[sane-devel] [janitorial] Relocating the SANE Project

Louis Lagendijk louis at fazant.net
Mon Jan 29 19:37:42 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-01-26 at 17:59 +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> TL;DR :: Let's move to GitLab.com!  Mailing list TBD.
>
> # Apologies for the belated follow-up.  I planned to wait a week or
> so
> # to let the dust settle before following up but then Real Life got
> in
> # the way :-(
>

> I made a couple of suggestions and asked for feedback.  Apart from
> one
> off-list request to join the SANE project on GitLab.com, not one of
> the
> SANE developers has chimed in.  I will take that to mean that
> everyone
> will be fine with whatever gets chosen in the end.  Speak up if
> that's
> not the case!

I am fine with whatever is chosen, as long as there is some description
of the expected work-flow, especilly for the handling of pull-requests.

> The non-developers that did follow up mentioned[1] Sourceforge as a
> possibility (and questioned[2] whether that was serious), offered
> help
> with moving the mailing list to Debian infra-structure[1] (thanks,
> btw!) and a preference for GitHub[3][4].

sourceforge is attractive for its mailinglist capability. But as long
as we can find a working solution for that, I am fine. And we need to
move the web pages (especially supported devices) to an easily found
place.

BR, Louis