[sane-devel] macOS device not configured sane-backends HP ScanJet 4570c

Umberto Cerrato umbertocerrato at outlook.it
Tue Apr 2 15:43:51 BST 2019

Hi,

I am not able to use scanimage with my hp scanner. The scanner is supported by sane and I have installed SANE backends on my Mac.

When I run "sane-find-scanner -v” it says “device at… is not configured”.

Also is it normal "sane-find-scanner -v” sees “Bluetooth USB Host Controller” like a scanner?

> found USB scanner (vendor=0x05ac [Apple Inc.], product=0x821d [Bluetooth USB Host Controller]) at libusb:029:008

How can I check if I installed the backends correctly? (MacPorts)

More here:
https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/issues/38

I am surprised to see a user from this mailing list (Tony K.) has successfully installed sane backends and can utilize its scanner too.
In case my sane installation is good, is it possible this is a specifically my scanner model problem?

Best,
Umberto