[sane-devel] Getting a Canon TS9120 scanner to be recognized

Alexander Pevzner pzz at apevzner.com
Sat Apr 25 00:02:33 BST 2020

Hi,

>> I would like to use my Canon TS9120 scanner but I am not able to find
>> it through Sane.  I believe I am doing all the right things.  It is
>> untested as a multifunction printer/scanner according to Sane backend
>> documentation.  I am running Ubuntu  18.04

If your device supports eSCL, you may pick up sane-airscan binary
package from here:

https://github.com/alexpevzner/sane-airscan

If your device supports WSD, you may wait a little bit until
sane-airscan-wsd is released, or build beta version by yourself:

https://github.com/alexpevzner/sane-airscan-wsd

You may use the following utility to check if your device supports eSCL
or WSD:

https://github.com/alexpevzner/airscan-discover

Note, some devices require eSCL/WSD activation on their web console.

--

	Wishes, Alexander Pevzner (pzz at apevzner.com)