[sane-devel] Recommendations for best Home / HO scanner with hopper for use with Linux - apologies for being Off Topic . .

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Fri May 8 08:02:30 BST 2020

Hello,

On 2020-05-08 08:41, Jeff wrote:
> On 08/05/2020 08:00, Philip Rhoades wrote:
>> I know this is Off Topic but I thought people here would be best able
>> give advice wrt quality, robustness, tech specs etc of different
>> brands
>> and models . .
>
> I'd pick one with an open-source SANE backend, i.e. HP, Epson or
> Fujitsu.

if you really want to get independent of operating systems
plus special hardware driver software and things like that
you may think about to pay more and buy a professional
network printer scanner copier all-in-one device, cf.
"How to use a professional network printer scanner copier all-in-one
device"
at https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Configuring_Scanners

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH
Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg - Germany