[sane-devel] Epson and epkowa

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Fri May 15 17:39:05 BST 2020

Hi List, and mainly Olaf,
I have the opportunity to get an Epson V300 scanner to play with at some
point.

I am a little confused as to the situation with these scanners and I
wondered if I could get some clarification.

On the supported scanners page, the listed backend is epson2. However, the
comment says that it is "supported by the epkowa backend plus non-free
interpreter". Does that mean that epson2 *might* support it, and
additionally there is a proprietary option also?

If so, what is the likelihood that epson2 would work with this scanner with
moderate modifications?

I see that there are quite a few in this series that are listed against
epson2 but are unsupported.
I can't believe that no-one has had a crack at these fairly common scanners
yet.

Cheers,
Ralph