[sane-devel] SCX-3405W scans with usb but not when shared from Linux Mint

vicki at thepenguin.org vicki at thepenguin.org
Mon May 18 23:19:27 BST 2020

I have a SCX-3405W All-in-One printer that is connected by usb to a Linux Mint 19.2 Tina system. I can both print and scan from that system. I am trying to share it so that any system on my lan can print and scan. I am able to print from a Linux Mint laptop, but I am unable to scan unless I connect the usb cable to it. It appears from the following that it sees the 3405W as a scanner:

desktop:~# sane-find-scanner

found USB scanner (vendor=0x7392 [Realtek], product=0x7811 [802.11n WLAN Adapter]) at libusb:003:002
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04e8 [Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.], product=0x344f [SCX-3400 Series]) at libusb:010:002

[I have cut out the commented lines.]

scanimage doesn't see it though:

desktop:~# scanimage -L

How should I proceed?

--Vicki

“Pride is concerned with who is right. Humility is concerned with what is right.”

― Ezra Taft Benson

Linux Counter #30705 http://counter.li.org