[sane-devel] Canon TS8050 does not initialize

Martin Gubser martin.gu at intergga.ch
Wed May 20 21:39:21 BST 2020

On Linux Mint 19.2 and 19.3 my TS8050 does not initialize properly.

When I start XSANE the error message "device busy" is displayed.

I have found the following work-around:
- switch off the TS8050
- perform "scanimage -T" in a command window. Result: "no Sane devices found"
- switch on the TS8050
- perform "scanimage -T" again. Sometimes the steps from "switch off the TS8050" to here have to be repeated.
- Start XSANE again from the menu.

The TS8050 is connected via USB.

I have quite a fast computer and a race condition or other timing problem could well be the cause.

Best regards,
Martin