[sane-devel] PIXMA TS8300 Series not working

Alexander Pevzner pzz at apevzner.com
Mon Oct 5 20:06:54 BST 2020

On 10/5/20 8:22 PM, Yoann Le Montagner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the answer. Indeed, things are better with libsane 1.0.31.
>
> However, I still encounter some random errors when trying to use the
> scanner. For instance, using 'scanimage', I get:

This is a bug in sane-escl driver, which causes it to crash.

Basically, you have 3 options now:
1. You may try to help Thierry HUCHARD (the author of sane-escl) to
debug his driver
2. You may uninstall ippusbxd in a hope that sane-pixma will work with
your scanner via USB, as Thierry suggested
3. You may may install sane-airscan, the independent eSCL/WSD driver:

sane-airscan can be downloaded from here:

https://github.com/alexpevzner/sane-airscan - project page
https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/pzz/ - binary packages

Note, ippusbxd is officially deprecated and replaced with ipp-usb. It
works much more reliable. You can download ipp-usb binary package from
the repository, mentioned above.

Note also, the newest version of Debian/Ubuntu will come with
sane-airscan and ipp-usb included by default;

--

	Wishes, Alexander Pevzner (pzz at apevzner.com)