[sane-devel] SAMSUNG SCX-4100

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 03:54:00 GMT 2020

Hi,

On 2020-10-25 3:16 a.m., Alexander Pevzner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Strange that it have only a singe, printer bidirectional interface
> (class 7, proto 2).
>
> There are should be not so much devices, that have similar USB
> configuration. Some of their drivers may work.
>
> On 10/25/20 3:36 AM, Ralph Little wrote:
>> Basically printer output really.
>> Kinda looks like the scanner is acting through the printer interface.
>> I will try with the Windows software to make sure that it does work from
>> that side.
>> There is a TWAIN driver and a Windows-based software suite according to
>> the user manual.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ralph

My current working theory is that someone has tried to flash the machine
with a modified firmware to allow third party toner cartridges but
either failed to do it properly or the firmware has been botched. I
understand that there was a black market for such things for these machines.

I have tried to find a stock firmware for the machine and was lead here:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/

...which appears to be a support dump from when HP acquired Samsung's
printer division.
Conspicuous by its absence are any files related to this particular
machine :(

If anyone has any ideas where I might look for the stock firmware for
the SCX-4100 then I would be much obliged.

Cheers,
Ralph