[sane-devel] HP ScanJet Pro 2000 sudden failure

Ellis Cohen ellis_cohen at pobox.com
Thu Mar 4 19:13:32 GMT 2021

 * 'sudo dnf remove ipp-usb' fails with 'No match for argument: ipp-usb'
In other words, I never installed that RPM.  ('dnf search ipp-usb' does find it in a repository.)
 * 'rpm -qa | grep ipp' only shows
polyclipping-6.4.2-10.fc33.x86_64
cups-ipptool-2.3.3op2-1.fc33.x86_64

I tried stopping the 'cups' service, but still couldn't access the HP scanner.

 * 'rpm -qa | grep usb' shows
libusb-0.1.7-2.fc33.x86_64
libgusb-0.3.5-1.fc33.x86_64
libusbmuxd-2.0.2-3.fc33.x86_64
usbutils-012-5.fc33.x86_64
usbredir-0.8.0-5.fc33.x86_64
usbmuxd-1.1.1-3.fc33.x86_64
usb_modeswitch-data-20191128-3.fc33.noarch
usb_modeswitch-2.6.1-1.fc33.x86_64
libusbx-1.0.24-2.fc33.x86_64
libusbx-1.0.24-2.fc33.i686
 * I hesitate to remove 'hplip' as, besides the HP ScanJet Pro 2000 s2 (scanner), I also have an HP LaserJet Pro M402dn (printer) which works well.
Any other suggestion?