[sane-devel] I can test drivers for iSensys MF746Cx

Swen Dietrich swen.dietrich at mailbox.org
Fri Mar 26 15:24:54 GMT 2021

Hello SANE Developers,

the list of backends said "Testers needed!" for my printer.
I'm owner of a Canon iSensys MF746Cx.

How can I help with driver development for this printer?

The device was not connected to the internet yet and thus the
factory-drivers are still installed on the printer.

> Bus 003 Device 048: ID 04a9:27fa Canon, Inc. MF745C/746C
> Device Descriptor:
>   bLength                18
>   bDescriptorType         1
>   bcdUSB               2.10
>   bDeviceClass            0
>   bDeviceSubClass         0
>   bDeviceProtocol         0
>   bMaxPacketSize0        64
>   idVendor           0x04a9 Canon, Inc.
>   idProduct          0x27fa
>   bcdDevice            0.00
>   iManufacturer           1 Canon
>   iProduct                2 MF745C/746C
>   iSerial                 3 <snip!>
>   bNumConfigurations      1

Never was involved with driver development thought.

best regards
Swen