[sane-devel] Partial success using Iriscan Express 3

Stephane Louise stephane.r.louise at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 21:30:16 BST 2023

Hi,

Le mar. 19 sept. 2023 à 21:15, Ralph Little <skelband at gmail.com> a écrit :

> It would be cool to see some samples of that. It might be something that
> is easy to fix.
> Even better would be to create an issue on our GitLab backends page where
> the information you have supplied could be kept and progress tracked.
>
> Done. I hope this is the correct place. I had some issues with formatting
and # characters, so, something got lost in the post on gitlab. Hopefully
the portions of images are relevant.

> If you don't feel happy to do that then you could send some sample images
> to me personally and I will open the issue there. It also means that it
> doesn't get forgotten.
>
> Many thanks.

In the meantime, I played with python and openCV. I could make something
recognizable at least with the attached script. Nonetheless, integrating a
gradient is usually a bad idea because it is too sensitive to noise.

Cheers,

Stephane Louise