[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 200 invalid colors

rf-list at simple-is-better.de rf-list at simple-is-better.de
Mon Apr 8 23:49:28 BST 2024

Hi,

I'm using SANE with a Canon LiDE 200.
Unfortunately, when scanning a black/white paper, everything which does
not directly touch the glass but has a (very small) distance to the
glass (e.g. folds of previously folded paper, hole puncher-holes)
gets colorful.

Example:
- http://imgbox.com/9I9CG92N (see central fold and hole puncher holes)
  from an old thread https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-hardware-18/image-corruption-with-canoscan-lide-200-scanner-4175568859/
  (which was only marked as "solved" because the original poster
  replaced the scanner)

A few years ago, it worked flawlessly, so I think it's an old
regression in sane-genesys.

Is this known, and is there any solution or workaround?
Or should I report a bug to sane-backends?

Best regards
Roland