[sane-devel] Epson ET-3710

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 23:14:22 GMT 2024

On 13/03/2024 21:41, ThierryFR via sane-devel wrote:
> Le 2024-03-13 20:01, henrichhartzer--- via sane-devel a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried using the Gitlab, but gitlab.com requires a phone number and payment
>> method just to make an account. Not sure why that is.
>>
>> I'm trying to use a Epson ET-3710 as a scanner. I don't see it listed with
>> scanimage -L. I'm not sure this exact model is supported, but it seems like a
>> similar one should be and maybe the driver is mostly the same?
>
> Hi
>
> Espon provides all the drivers for these devices, and the code is free.
> Finally, sane nativment supports AirScan, and ecoTank is fully supported.
>
> Thierry

Most modern printer/scanner multi-function devices are driverless. The printer
part does driverless IPP printing and gets discovered by CUPS without any
special setup and the scanner part does AirPrint (eSCL and/or WSD) and often
(eSCL), thanks to Thierry's driver the device already works with sane-backends
itself, but with Alexander Pevzner's sane-airscan more devices (supports both
eSCL and WSD, or if special quirks need to get addressed) are supported. Both
drivers come with all major distros.

See also
https://habr-com.translate.goog/en/articles/751214/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp&_x_tr_hist=true

    Till