[sane-standard] Unable to print under xsane

Julien Michielsen julien at michkloo.xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 1 08:52:16 UTC 2010

I'd like to print under xsane, such that I can use my scanner as a copy-
machine.  However, I specified my printer under preferences (a samsung
ml-1610), and trying to print a page I scanned in, the following happens:
I made a scan  (having made output medium "viewer") that I was happy
with, and set output medium to "copy". Started scan again and got
1- Error during save, broken pipe
after which I pushed OK below the message, and I got message
2- Error during save: resource temporarily unavailable
after which I pushed OK below the message again, and got message
3- Error during save: resource temporarily unavailable
pushed OK below the message again and got message
4- failed to execute command lpr
after wich I ended the session with close.

I checked whether lpr executed properly with a command like

lpr -P samsungml1610 filename
and this worked fine.

Anyone a suggestion how to get a scan sent to my printer?
Thanks

--
Julien Michielsen
julien_at_michkloo.xs4all.nl