[Secure-testing-team] trackers and webpages

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Wed Aug 16 20:55:58 UTC 2006

* Joey Hess:

> Micah Anderson wrote:
>> I'm not actually sure what it is now, it might just need someone to
>> request it again, start the threads asking why it hasn't happened yet.
>
> Setting up a debian.net domain is completly automated, it's just a
> matter of sending a mail to the control bot.

Ah, good, and I hope a few people who are usually responsive can do
the magic.  I have no idea whether the past problems with the
debian.org hostmasters have been fixed, so I was very reluctant to
have A records pointing into my address space in that zone.

> And perhaps some web server setup tweaks on the tracker, depending on
> whether it's using name-based vhosting or not. Also, it might be nice if
> the /tracker part of the URL weren't required, or if it served up a
> useful page w/o that part of the url.

For security-tracker.debian.net, the server now performs a redirect
from / to /tracker/.  This should be good enough, I guess.  Otherwise,
I'd have to serve the robots.txt and favicon.ico files from the Python
process, which is something I'd like to avoid.