[Secure-testing-team] Updates for testing-security track page

Francesco Poli frx at firenze.linux.it
Sat Aug 26 15:52:30 UTC 2006

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 13:32:54 +0200 Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:

> Francesco Poli wrote:
> > > * Francesco Poli:

> > > The source files which actually contain valuable IP has the GPL
> > > boilerplate.
> >
> > I don't know what you mean by "valuable I[ntellectual] P[roperty]".
> > Do you think that the scripts that I found license-less are not
> > copyrighted?
> > I really doubt they can be considered as uncopyrighted...
>
> Stop wasting our time, we have work to do.

Moritz, it was not my intention to waste anyone's time.
I'm actually surprised to hear that releasing software in a DFSG-free
manner is called "a waste of time".

By reading a recent thread in the list archives, I see that you
complained of not being listened by other people, when you pointed out
security issues.  You stated that you raised security concerns on
debian-devel regarding some packages (like mantis) that were going to be
included in Debian; despite your concerns, those packages were uploaded
anyway; people didn't seem to care about security.
I am in a situation very similar to yours, but with respect to freeness
issues, rather than security.  I pointed out a freeness issue and the
answer was "stop wasting our time".

IMHO, both security and freeness are very important aspects for Debian
and should *not* be overlooked or neglected.

I hope I have clarified.

--
But it is also tradition that times *must* and always
do change, my friend.   -- from _Coming to America_