[Secure-testing-team] Re: [SECURITY] Testing security archive move

Francesco Poli frx at firenze.linux.it
Thu Jun 15 21:28:56 UTC 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:59:12 -0400 Micah Anderson wrote:

[...]
> Francesco Poli wrote:
> >>http://spohr.debian.org/~joeyh/testing-security.html
> >>is my primary source of information about the security of testing.
>
> You might want to have a look at http://idssi.enyo.de/tracker for a
> more robust interface to this information.

Thanks for the suggestion.
I knew about it, but I haven't yet found enough time to dig into it and
understand it better...

It seems to report a fairly large amount of information.
It also seems to track vulnerabilities in stable, which is very useful!

On the other hand, other interesting pieces of information that are
included in http://spohr.debian.org/~joeyh/testing-security.html seem to
be missing in http://idssi.enyo.de/tracker, unfortunately.
For instance, direct links to BTS bug reports and direct links to
unstable->testing migration status pages (that is to say, to
http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/ pages).
Another feature that could be handy is a final summary with number of
vulnerabilities in the various categories (for testing: unfixed, fixed
in unstable, fixed in testing-security-update).

Well, at the end of the day, why are these two pages distinct and
separate?
Wouldn't it be more useful and more practical if
http://spohr.debian.org/~joeyh/testing-security.html and
http://idssi.enyo.de/tracker were merged in one single coherent tracking
system?

> >> Thanks for your interest in my little creature...  ;-)
> >> Here it is!
> > [...]
>
> Do you have a URL to the graphs?

Well, no, that's why I sent the script to the mailing list!  ;-)

I hope that someone can review it and possibly adopt it as an "official"
graph-generating tool for summarizing
http://spohr.debian.org/~joeyh/testing-security.html ...

--
    :-(   This Universe is buggy! Where's the Creator's BTS?   ;-)
  Francesco Poli                             GnuPG Key ID = DD6DFCF4