[Secure-testing-team] unrelated notes for CVE-2007-3163

Nico Golde debian-secure-testing+ml at ngolde.de
Mon Oct 22 13:01:30 UTC 2007

Hi,
CVE-2007-3163 (Incomplete blacklist vulnerability in the filemanager in Frederico ...)
    - moin 1.5.8-4.1 (unimportant; bug #429205)
    - knowledgeroot 0.9.8.2-2 (unimportant; bug #429204)
    - karrigell <unfixed> (unimportant; bug #429207)
    NOTE: This is only exploitable on NTFS filesystems
    NOTE: Given the state of Linux' NTFS support it seems highly unlikely
    NOTE: and given the state of ext3/XFS highly stupid to run a Debian-based
    NOTE: web server with NTFS
    TODO: Check, whether NTFS on Linux is affected at all, I doubt so

The TODO and NOTES do not belong to this CVE but I don't want to remove them
since they might be missing somewhere else. Anyone knows where they belong to?
Kind regards
Nico

--
Nico Golde - http://www.ngolde.de - nion at jabber.ccc.de - GPG: 0x73647CFF