[Secure-testing-team] register_globals on is not supported

Giuseppe Iuculano giuseppe at iuculano.it
Tue Dec 23 10:49:31 UTC 2008

tags 508026 fixed-upstream
thanks

Hi,

Thijs Kinkhorst ha scritto:
> As it seems, upstream does already support running in register_globals=0 mode
> for a long time (according to their changelog since 2002...). Therefore I
> guess this bug would be fixed if the statement turning register_globals on
> was removed from the Apache configuration file. Of course this does need some
> thorough testing.
>
> When doing that, including the fix from this bug report aswell is a good idea
> since it can't hurt and will provide some extra protection for those running
> unsafe setups.

Upstream released a new version to fix this issue. In attachment the debdiff for
stable/testing/unstable with the trivial backported patch[1], and
register_globals off (not in stable).

I also tested phppgadmin with register_globals off, and I didn't find any
evidently problems.

I'm not a DD, so these need a review and an upload.

[1]http://github.com/xzilla/phppgadmin/commit/a4531f0f3345f92c721aaeae0226fea0b634aed4

Giuseppe.