[Secure-testing-team] PHP4 support

Thijs Kinkhorst thijs at debian.org
Wed Nov 5 12:09:03 UTC 2008

Hi Boris,

On Wed, November 5, 2008 10:29, Riebold, Boris wrote:
> we´re running several Debian Etch based Linux systems with PHP4
> installed. Rumors say that as long as Etch is officially supported we
> will also receive PHP4 security patches. Is this correct or will only
> security patches for PHP5 (current supported version) be supplied?

All packages in Debian's stable release are also security supported by the
security team, unless it is unfeasible to continue doing so, and then we
will announce that for the specific package. So yes, it's reasonable to
assume php4 will remain supported on Debian etch while that still has
security support as a whole.

cheers,
Thijs