[Secure-testing-team] Embedded code copies updates

Guillem Jover guillem at debian.org
Sat Dec 5 21:16:18 UTC 2009

Hi!

List of embedded copies:

* ptmalloc (not packaged)

  crystalspace (under CS/libs/csutil/ptmalloc/)
  qt4-x11 (under src/3rdparty/ptmalloc/)

* zlib

  dpkg links statically, I don't think it has ever embedded it in
       the sources.

* lrmi (should switch to use libx86)

  s3switch
  xresprobe
  zhcon

* svgalib

  usplash

* bogl

  usplash

* libbsd

  I'm going to release a new library with more common code, so that it
  can be removed from other places, and going to send patches to
  several of the embedders to switch to use the library instead.

  bsdgames
  bsd-mailx
  netcat-openbsd (#550611)
  openssh
  unworkable

* sqlite

  heimdal (#559616)

List of code embedders:

% audacity has several embedded copies under lib-src/:

  Maintainers notified, Benjamin Drung is already working on it.

  libportaudio (#323711)
  libnyquist (a forked nyquist with support for a shared library)
  vamp-plugin-sdk (too old needs newer version from mentors)
  taglib
  ffmpeg (have not checked if it actually uses the system one)

  expat (it does not seem to ship it anymore)

regards,
guillem