[Secure-testing-team] On the supportability of webkit

Nico Golde debian-secure-testing+ml at ngolde.de
Tue Dec 22 00:25:50 UTC 2009

Hi,
* Michael Gilbert <michael.s.gilbert at gmail.com> [2009-12-22 01:14]:
> On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 18:10:08 +0100 Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> > Michael Gilbert a écrit :
[...]
> > > So, I think at this point, webkit should be strongly considered for
> > > removal in the next lenny point release (because I don't forsee things
> > > getting any better any time soon), and possibly from squeeze as well.
> > > However, this concern could be rendered moot should someone volunteer
> > > to gain access to the private webkit list.
> >
> > Were the webkit maintainers aware of that proposal?
>
> Not yet.  I wanted to start a conversation with the security team
> first to determine a direction.  The ideal solution is simple since the
> upstream webkit security team will grant anyone with a debian.org
> address access to their private security list.  So, we just need
> someone to volunteer to do that.  Any takers?

It's not only about having @debian.org, if it would be simple as that we could
subscribe team at security.debian.org or setup a bot ;) It needs someone who does
more than coordinating stuff and someone who is into this field of interest
and has time to work on those issues. As we aren't heavily staffed with web
security people... Raphael, do you have the interest and time to do that?

Cheers
Nico
--
Nico Golde - http://www.ngolde.de - nion at jabber.ccc.de - GPG: 0xA0A0AAAA