[Secure-testing-team] Mapserver vulnerabilities

Francesco P. Lovergine frankie at debian.org
Fri Mar 27 10:33:27 UTC 2009

Thanks Daniel

I added  in the loop Debian stable and testing security teams.
As you can know, by policy patches need to be eventually adapted to

4.10.0 (etch)
5.0.3 (lenny)

while 5.2.2 can be considered for sid.

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 06:18:59PM -0400, Daniel Morissette wrote:
> See attached message, this is a heads up that a MapServer release with
> security fixes will be available very shortly. The announcement will be
> made later tonight or first thing tomorrow morning and new source
> packages for 5.2.2 and 4.10.4 are already available on the download server:
>
> http://download.osgeo.org/mapserver/mapserver-5.2.2.tar.gz
> http://download.osgeo.org/mapserver/mapserver-4.10.4.tar.gz
>
> BTW, is there a formal process for notifications of security fixes to
> your projects?

Yes, the above first email address is for off-lists notification of undisclaimed
vulnerabilities. The second address is a public list, so it should not be used
for private comunications. Our teams are also able to require a CVE number assignement
in case it was still not assigned.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine