[Secure-testing-team] embedded code copies: hg-git, gamera

Michael Gilbert michael.s.gilbert at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 20:34:34 UTC 2009

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 21:17:11 +0100, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 04:07:04PM -0400, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> > On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 20:15:29 +0100, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Please apply the attached patch to the embedded-code-copies file.

> > > http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/g/gamera/gamera_3.2.3-1/changelog
> > > http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/python-modules/packages/gamera/tags/3.2.3-1/debian/rules
> > >
> > > I will address embedded code copies of Python modules in a separate
> > > mail.
> >
> > thanks a lot for tracking these code copies down.  since you have
> > made a lot of recent contributions, would you like to join the
> > secure-testing team so you can commit future updates on your own?  if
> > you have an alioth account you can 'request to join' at [0].
>
> Stop confusing people with the name of the SVN repo.

how should i refer to it other than by the name that it has?  i was
only trying to be helpful.

> The Security Tracker has nothing to do with Testing Security, the data of
> is only residing in the SVN repo for historical reasons.

i am well aware that this is true.  this fact, i would say, is the
root cause of any and all confusion, so if you would like to end the
confusion, i suggest ending the historical ties and splitting the
tracker from the secure-testing repo.

mike