[DSE-Dev] refpolicy: domains need access to the apt's pty and fifos

Erich Schubert erich at debian.org
Thu Mar 6 12:13:59 UTC 2008

Hello Russel,
> > It would definitely help to have separate apt_t and apt_script_t
> > domains, though, to be able to differentiate access for installation
> > scripts and the package manager itself.
> What meaningful restrictions can be applied to one but not the other?

I agree with you that we would currently have to allow pretty much any
access by apt_script_t, unfortunately. Sorry for mixing up apt and dpkg
again in that post btw, yes, it sould be dpkg_t and dpkg_script_t,
obviously.
No, I can't really think of ways to restrict dpkg_script_t apart from
not messing with the dpkg_t state files. Maybe we could make some policy
that /usr is to be modified by dpkg_t only whereas dynamically generated
files have to reside in /var, but I doubt this would currently hold.
And after all, dpkg_script_t needs to be able to even add users
to /etc/passwd (although through the helper applications, not directly).

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(vitavonni.de|debian.org)    --    GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C     (o_
 The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.  //\