[DSE-Dev] Debian refpolicy and core SELinux package update

Manoj Srivastava srivasta at debian.org
Thu Mar 20 15:48:23 UTC 2008

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 09:34:38 +0100, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog at debian.org> said:

> Hi,
> On Wed, 19 Mar 2008, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> I am beginning to come back from a deadline crunch on my day job, and
>> start paying attention to my Debian packages again; so hopefully the
>> state of SELinux in Debian will improve -- at least, I'll try to be
>> more reactive in the future.
>>
>> anyway, kick the tyres, look at the Debian diffs with regards to the
>> upstream refpolicy.  We should have a dialog about which changes need
>> to be purged, and which should be fed upstream.

> FYI, it looks like some folks at Tresys did work on SELinux support in
> Ubuntu hardy (their next "long term support" release). You thus might
> want to check out the Ubuntu diff (assuming upstream packages are in
> sync) for possible improvements.

        I have looked at setools, and if that is an example, there is
 not much help.  They took my package  (just this January), merger 4
 binary library packages into one, converted the build system to use
 CDBS, and added gazillions of files into ./debian.

        They seem to have gone out of their way to fork the package.

> http://www.outflux.net/blog/archives/2008/03/16/selinux-in-hardy/

        At this point, our packages in Sid are more recent.

> Ideally, you might also convince the Tresys people to work directly on
> Debian so that both Ubuntu and Debian benefit from their work. :-)

        Feel free to make the advances. But given the way they have
 forked the packages, I am not currently in the mood.

        manoj
--
The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none.
Manoj Srivastava <srivasta at debian.org> <http://www.debian.org/~srivasta/>