[DSE-Dev] Adopting Fedora SELinux patches by Debian?

Václav Ovsík vaclav.ovsik at i.cz
Wed Mar 26 10:30:03 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 09:45:50PM +0100, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> > please, can I take SE Linux patches from Fedora RPM and use these in
> > bug-reports against the Debian package for inclusion?
> Yes, which patches are you talking about?  All patches have been
> submitted upstream. A few have been rejected.  Policy changes are still
> in the process of being merged.  Of course any that you take, please
> send upstream to get merged.  Two on one...

Oh, wrong wording of mine, sorry. I meant SE Linux code patches to user
applications, system utilities...

> > If it is OK, should be there some copyright notice in a patch included in
> > the Debian source package?
> No need.

OK. I will add a pointer to a Fedora source package name at the begin of
a corresponding patch if it is sufficient.

> > Is there an effort to push changes to upstream?
> Yes

You mean reference policy changes there, OK.
And what about patches to applications?
E.g. the two SE Linux patches to VIM editor are probably not
upstream, as far as I looked for the string `SE Linux' in
ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.1/README.

Best Regards
--
Zito