[DSE-User] wrong context with graphical login

Pierre Chifflier chifflier at inl.fr
Fri Jan 9 11:14:22 UTC 2009

Hi,

I would like to help getting SELinux support in Debian (I package
setroubleshoot, for ex.), but my sid installation got some weird
problem:
If I login using a tty or a console, no problem.
However, if I use a desktop manager (like gdm, but I have also tried kdm
and wdm), I got a wrong context:
[~] id -Z
unconfined_u:system_r:netutils_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023

netutils_t is obviously wrong ...

I tried to find the error, but could not go further than pointing a
problem in context transitions, as described in bug #501647 [1]

Setup looks correct:

# semanage login -l

Login Name                SELinux User              MLS/MCS Range

__default__               unconfined_u              s0-s0:c0.c1023
root                      unconfined_u              s0-s0:c0.c1023
system_u                  system_u                  s0-s0:c0.c1023

~# semanage user -l

                Labeling   MLS/       MLS/
SELinux User    Prefix     MCS Level  MCS Range                      SELinux Roles

root            sysadm     s0         s0-s0:c0.c1023                 staff_r sysadm_r system_r
staff_u         staff      s0         s0-s0:c0.c1023                 staff_r sysadm_r
sysadm_u        sysadm     s0         s0-s0:c0.c1023                 sysadm_r
system_u        user       s0         s0-s0:c0.c1023                 system_r
unconfined_u    unconfined s0         s0-s0:c0.c1023                 system_r unconfined_r
user_u          user       s0         s0                             user_r

Note that seems to happen only in Sid, not Lenny. I tried relabelling,
everything looks fine.

Could you help me please ?

Pierre