[DSE-User] dpkg tries create selinux/context.dpgk-new and fails

Gijs Hillenius gijs at hillenius.net
Thu Jul 23 16:10:38 UTC 2009

Hi

I've built a Debian package which I'd like to install on my Debian
server running Selinux, but running dpkg fails:

# Unpacking dspam-3.9.0 (from dspam-3.9.0_ALPHA2-1_i386.deb) ...

dpkg: error processing dspam-3.9.0_ALPHA2-1_i386.deb (--install):
unable to create `/selinux/context.dpkg-new' (while processing `./selinux/context'): Permission denied
Processing triggers for man-db ...
dspam-3.9.0_ALPHA2-1_i386.deb

Since I'm running selinux in 'permissive' I did not expect this.

sestatus
SELinux status:                 enabled
SELinuxfs mount:                /selinux
Current mode:                   permissive
Mode from config file:          permissive
Policy version:                 22
Policy from config file:        default

A well known Internet search engine took me here

http://doc.coker.com.au/papers/ols2002-se-debian/

however I'm not entirely sure how to proceed?

--
If he had only learnt a little less, how infinitely better he might have
taught much more!