[DSE-User] avc: denied { search } for pid=1177 comm="rsyslogd" name="spool"

Chris chris at eehmke.de
Mon Mar 5 06:59:32 UTC 2012

Hello Mika,

On Monday 05 March 2012 00:35:28 Mika Pflüger wrote:
> Am Sun, 04 Mar 2012 17:35:34 +0100
> schrieb Chris <chris at eehmke.de>:
> > [   10.937036] type=1400 audit(1330856386.116:7): avc:  denied
> > { search } for pid=1177 comm="rsyslogd" name="spool" dev=dm-0
> > ino=425985 scontext=system_u:system_r:syslogd_t:s0
> > tcontext=system_u:object_r:var_spool_t:s0 tclass=dir
> > I understand that I am supposed to create some local policy rules.
> > But all Howtos seem to assume that this is a simple task that must
> > not be explained in detail. What am I missing?
>
> these denials don't look like you need local policy, it looks more like
> you need to activate the official policy bits that matter - could you
> try and run the commands
> # check-selinux-installation
> # sestatus
> # semodule -l
> as root which report various bits about your selinux installation and
> post the output?

Here we go:
$ sudo check-selinux-installation
/usr/sbin/check-selinux-installation:19: DeprecationWarning: os.popen3 is
deprecated.  Use the subprocess module.
  @staticmethod
/usr/sbin/check-selinux-installation:23: DeprecationWarning: os.popen2 is
deprecated.  Use the subprocess module.
  def fix():
/etc/pam.d/login is not SELinux enabled
Postfix init script is syncing the chroots.

$ sudo sestatus
SELinux status:                 enabled
SELinuxfs mount:                /selinux
Current mode:                   permissive
Mode from config file:          permissive
Policy version:                 24
Policy from config file:        default

$ sudo semodule -l
apm     1.11.0