[Shootout-list] dispatch bug?

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Sun Aug 21 01:36:02 UTC 2005

On Saturday 20 August 2005 22:00, Brian Hurt wrote:
> I had some spare time, and noticed that there were a couple of tests not
> implemented in Ocaml.  So I decided to implement dispatch.  I have code
> working, but I'm not getting the right checksum.  The web page says that
> for N=10, the checksum should be 450, I'm getting like 1200.

IIRC, I posted three working versions of that benchmark to the list a few
weeks ago. You probably want to read them. Then use different programming
styles and range from slow and obscure to simple and too fast to measure. It
is not clear which are valid and which are not.

Objective CAML for Scientists