[Shootout-list] Organisation for numerical tests

Jon Harrop jon@ffconsultancy.com
Wed, 4 May 2005 19:28:41 +0100

On Wednesday 04 May 2005 19:20, Isaac Gouy wrote:
> --- Jon Harrop <jon@ffconsultancy.com> wrote:
> > Also, the results can be visualized.
>
> As we've learned with mandelbrot, graphics files are a PITA to debug.

The output of the benchmark will be numbers, not graphics, but those numbers
can be meaningfully (and usefully) visualized to produce some nice-looking
eye candy for the shootout website.

I'm surprised that graphics (being just a list of numbers) would cause
problems though. What kinds of difficulties have people had?

Objective CAML for Scientists