[Shootout-list] Directions of various benchmarks

Jon Harrop jon@ffconsultancy.com
Mon, 16 May 2005 21:32:26 +0100

On Monday 16 May 2005 16:03, Einar Karttunen wrote:
> I don't mind new floating point benchmarks, but it would be a pity
> to have the shootout focus even more on it as many real programs contain
> no floating point calculations in the critical parts.

Yes, I'd like to see more sophisticated tasks. So I'd like to see the FP
benchmarks replaced by better alternatives. For example, I'd replace harmonic
with implicitode (without the low-precision stuff), n-body with relax (once
I've written it! ;-) and takfp with something more useful.

Objective CAML for Scientists