[Shootout-list] Directions of various benchmarks

José Bollo jose.bollo@tele2.fr
Wed, 18 May 2005 08:25:37 +0200

Le mercredi 18 Mai 2005 08:06, Bengt Kleberg a écrit :
> José Bollo wrote:
> ...deleted
>
> > More generaly i dont care about LOC
> > For me the more readable and the more understandable it is, the best it
> > is It would be great to have a reverse sort on LOCs: the more is the be=
st
> > ;-)
>
> imho it is a good idea to care about loc.
> the amount of bugs is proportional to the amount of code.
> less code => less bugs.

yes at a constant programming language.

but they are not comparable.

and remind you that most of EIFFEL programs include contracts that cost LOC
but that reduce in a huge way the count of bug, that improve in a huge way
the documentation of the developed systems, and that reduce in a huge way the
debugging time. And what to say about auto documentation by comments.

do what you want with the language you want!
but remember the poor accuracy of such a concept as LOC and the relativity of
many conviction.

josé