[Shootout-list] Directions of various benchmarks

Einar Karttunen ekarttun@cs.helsinki.fi
Wed, 18 May 2005 11:17:17 +0300

"Jos=E9 Bollo" <jose.bollo@tele2.fr> writes:
> EIFFEL will win for interfacing any C / C++ / JAVA external libraries.

foreign import ccall "compute_it_fast" comp :: Float->Float->IO Float=20
with Haskell.

But I think C will win the "interfacing with C" test. Many languages
will need C files to interface with C - most scripting languages at
least. I wouldn't mind such a test - but it would mostly make sense=20
from the LOC point of view.=20

However it would need a general purpose splitter that would work=20
for multiple languages, because many of them would need an additional C
file.=20

- Einar Karttunen