[Shootout-list] Directions of various benchmarks

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Fri, 20 May 2005 06:32:45 -0700 (PDT)

--- Bengt Kleberg <bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com> wrote:
> On 2005-05-20 14:55, Isaac Gouy wrote:
> ...deleted
> >
> > you are free to publish a language comparison website that does
> exactly
> > what you want - with your own ideal rules
> >
> > you are free to use the programs from the shootout on your ideal
> > website
> >
> > you are free to use the data from the shootout on your ideal
> website
> >
> > you are free to use (and change) the scripts from the shootout on
> your
> > ideal website
> >
> > FAQ: "Take responsibility and make your own improvements to the
> > webpages. Take responsibility and create your own analysis from the
> CVS
> > spreadsheet download."
>
> thank you, i appreciate your explanation of the possibilities offered
> by
> the shootout license.
> perhaps you could be so kind and tell me why you are explaning it?
>

> bengt

I'm explaining it to you because you drew a false comparison with Magna
Carta and the whims of rulers:

> > Personally I'm not interested in officious quarrels about "rules" -
> 100
> > LOCs of Java / C# was a ballpark target for the attention budget of
> > someone browsing the website.
>
> rules are rarely of interest for those that can do what they want.
> instead it is the people subjected to the whims of the rulers that
> ask
> for rules. see ''magna charta'', etc.

It's up-to-you to make use of what is freely given.

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail