[Shootout-list] fannkuch (timer resolution; HZ=1000?)

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Fri, 20 May 2005 11:31:34 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jon Harrop <jon@ffconsultancy.com> wrote:

> I've heard (from Microsoft) that C# does poorly in the shootout
> because it has a big startup time.

Microsoft! Would that be Mr Gates, or An Other employee?

> I thought it would be nice to do those Skaller plots using only tests
> which ran for >0.1s or even >1s but there is virtually no such data
on
> the shootout (i.e. the plots are all blank).

Guess that depends what you mean. I gave up looking after the first 5
benchmarks with top run times >0.1s (and 3 >1s)

ackermann
count-words
fasta
harmonic