[Shootout-list] fannkuch (timer resolution; HZ=1000?)

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Fri, 20 May 2005 21:01:16 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jon Harrop <jon@ffconsultancy.com> wrote:

> > That way the folk who actually fix things don't need to waste their
> > time responding to each new idea as it comes to you - they fix the
> > things you don't even know about yet.
>
> You spend a lot of time typing rude responses to people's
> suggestions. I'd start by optimising those away. I think I can hear
> Bengt agreeing. :-)

And I still haven't posted personal comments about other individuals on
this mailing list.

I seem to spend a lot of time correct inaccurate claims about the
information shown on the website.

> > Use some imagination - how many hours do you think were taken away
> > from shootout work and spent on the mailing-list over the last 2
> > weeks.
>
> Without this discussion people might not have realised just how
> severe these systematic errors are or how the problems with
> precomputation can be neatly avoided.

Those would be the problems that don't exist, but might someday, if
we're lucky.