[Showme-devel] Debianizing Beaker

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Mon Sep 14 09:04:14 UTC 2015

Hi Ritesh,

Quoting Ritesh Raj Sarraf (2015-09-14 10:13:15)
> On Fri, 2015-09-04 at 20:25 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>>> I think it would be natural for Jonas to lead the team, but I also
>>> think it would be helpful to discuss how such a contract (on just
>>> the debianization) should look to be helpful for the project, and it
>>> would certainly be helpful to discuss how to size it!
>>
>> Thanks for your confidence in me, Kris.  I can take the lead, if
>> others are ok with it.  So $others, what do you think?
>
> Better late, than not reply at all.
>
> It is the natural choice for you to lead this effort. And also from
> the point of Quality Assurance, IMO. Your attention to details (both
> implementation and adherence to processes) makes you the perfect fit.

Thanks.  I shall do my best at leading this team, then.

If anyone disagrees with me at *any* time, please shout¹ about it!

> I haven't been active on this project at all. But I try to keep up on
> the conversations.

Please have a look at https://wiki.debian.org/ShowMeBox/Packages and if
some of those seem interesting for you to package then please file ITPs²
for them and go ahead.  Or maybe first (or instead) lookup Homepage,
licensing etc. and file RFPs²...

The packages are listed roughly in the order of urgency - but if you
feel comfortable packaging e.g. iryby then go for it, even if it is
lower in the list: It will be needed eventually.

 - Jonas

¹ inspired by the Debian Social Contract of "We won't hide problems":
Please criticize me in public (or discretely e.g. if more comfortable
for _you_, but do *not* whisper as a means be more polite to me!)

² Please when filing ITP or RFP add our list as cc address, and post to
the list (or better: add in the wiki) the bugnumber it gets assigned.
Use "reportbug to to do ITP/RFP: http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/#l1