[Simple-cdd-devel] Why is debian-custom mailing list inactive?

Vagrant Cascadian vagrant at freegeek.org
Tue Apr 20 21:26:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 09:47:45AM +0000, Fredrik Israelsson wrote:

> I am sorry for intruding, but I would like to ask you why the debian-custom
> mailing list is inactive. I get the feeling that I have missed something. Has
> the simple-cdd project migrated to something else?

debian-custom was retired after the debian-custom project renamed itself to
debian-blends, and some folks in the debian-blends crowd wanted simple-cdd to
have it's own list. so here it is:

also see the wiki page:

  http://wiki.debian.org/Simple-CDD/Howto

> I have recently started to explore simple-cdd. If there is a replacement that
> i maybe should use instead, I would be very happy if you let me know about
> it.

some people use easy-build.sh from debian-cd, but it doesn't handle mirror
generation, assuming you have a local copy of the mirror.

i haven't put a lot of time and energy into simple-cdd lately, but it has
largely kept functional without a lot of work, even if stalled on improvements.

live well,
  vagrant