[Simple-cdd-devel] Trying to make a bootable USB stick

Rune Hamnvik rune.hamnvik at tomra.no
Thu Feb 11 10:48:22 UTC 2010

Hello
I have successfully made an bootable cd based on simple-cdd, but when I try to make a bootable USB stick it fails. On the stick I have the following files:

-          My iso file created by simple-cdd

-          Initrd.gz

-          Ldlinux.sys

-          Vmlinuz

-          Syslinux.cfg with the following content

o   Default vmlinuz

o   Append initrd=initrd.gz vga=normal - quiet

During installation from this USB stick it fails during search for cdrom drive. To me it seems like it is searching for installation files from a cd.

What am I duing wrong?

Rune Hamnvik
Senior Software Engineer
Tomra Systems ASA
Phone: + 47 66 79 92 35
Mobile: + 47 99 57 55 60
[cid:image001.gif at 01CAAB10.11D48FD0]

Tomra Systems ASA, Drengsrudhagen 2, P.O. Box 278, 1372 Asker, Norway
Phone: +47 66 79 91 00, Fax: +47 66 79 91 11. www.tomra.com<http://www.tomra.com>