[Simple-cdd-devel] changing the installer CD kernel

Vagrant Cascadian vagrant at freegeek.org
Sun Jun 27 21:24:41 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 04:50:58PM -0300, Mauro Faccenda wrote:
> Is it possible to create a installation CD that runs on 2.6-686 kernel
> instead of the default 2.6-486? If so, how can I do it? I couldn't
> find.

if you just want simple-cdd to include and install the 686 kernel, include in
profiles/default.conf:

  kernel_packages="linux-image-2.6-686"

if you need the 686 kernel running during install, that's complicated. the
hardest part is building a custom debian-installer image.  see the section
"Howto build the install cd with a custom debian Installer":

  http://wiki.debian.org/Simple-CDD/Howto

live well,
  vagrant