[Simple-cdd-devel] problems installing slapd

Vagrant Cascadian vagrant at debian.org
Fri Apr 1 15:41:56 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 09:56:33AM -0300, paulo bruck wrote:
> I 'm almost there using simple-cdd.
> It is wonderful what it simplified my life in terms of allow me to make my
> own distro based on debian.

glad it proved helpful.

> I made a debian package that insert some schemas and modify
> slapd.c/cn=config.
> If I use this package after debian install it all go wright, but If i try to
> use it during debian install it gives me errors.
> Is there a way to do it ? ( please let me know if it is the correct list to
> post this doubt)
>
> package that I develop install limpam-ldap ,libnss-ldap, slapd, ldaputils
> and configure  all of them - slapd ( more schemas and change cn=config)
>
> doing a chroot /target  I try:
> ps ax | grep slapd
> gives me nothing.... it there a way to let slapd be running during debian
> install ???
> I can't modify slapd using slapadd and ldapmodify... the base must be
> running at debian install.....

i don't know for sure, but debian-installer probably prevents daemons from
running during the install process with a policy-rc.d wrapper. you could
manually work around that by calling /etc/init.d/FOO directly, but it might
depend on starting other things first.

i know debian-edu sets up a preconfigured ldap setup- you might explore how
they do it.

live well,
  vagrant