[Simple-cdd-devel] ERROR: missing required packages from profile default:  simple-cdd-profiles

Vagrant Cascadian vagrant at debian.org
Thu Dec 26 01:19:15 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 25, 2013 at 10:13:05PM +0530, Amit Bondwal wrote:
> I am trying to build a custom debian iso of wheezy 64 bit using wheezy 64 bit
> os. I installed all the dependency packages.
> I create a repository of debian wheezy 64 bit iso and trying to build iso using
> simple-cdd.
> I am getting below error.
>
> ERROR: missing required packages from profile default:  simple-cdd-profiles
> WARNING: missing optional packages from profile default:  grub
> localization-config type-handling

The WARNING/optional packages is essentially harmless outdated information,
but ERROR/required packages, simple-cdd-profiles, is definitely needed for it
to work.

Most likely your mirror is missing something, udebs, debian-installer images,
etc. Posting a full build log would be helpful...

Does it work using an official mirror?

Does it work running without any customization (no commandline arguments, no
profiles changes, etc.)?

I usually use "approx" for a caching proxy, which dynamically builds a partial
mirror as needed, which dynamically creates the local mirror on an as-needed
basis.

live well,
  vagrant