[Simple-cdd-devel] Bugfixes

Gábor Boskovits boskovits at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 09:09:59 UTC 2016

Dear Maintainers!

I'm interested in the development of this project.

1.

I have found, that there is a problem in the build-simple-cdd script in
check_configuration.

There is an undefined variable "pathname", which causes the script to stop
in case of invalid preseed file, even with --force-preseed.

I attach a patch for the problem.

2.

I would like to propose an update to the cd build tool.

I had a problem try to get a fully automated install on efi firmware.

The current efi bootloader is grub, and there is no way to configure grub,
like there is a way to configure isolinux.

I propose to extend the tool with a block like it was done with isolinuxcfg.

I thought about something along th lines of the other attached patch.

3.

a.) I would like to ask, if there is any reason why qemu_opts and mem
support was dropped?
It is in the documentation, but it seems to me, that it is ignored by the
script.

I would like to use the qemu parameters machine, bios and mem.

b.) Would it be better to add these options individually, or add back
support of qemu_opts?

4.
I realized, that for example the preseed file is checked even if
--qemu-only option is applied.

Is this really necessary?

5.
What is causing porblems for me in preseed anyway is trying to preseed
passwd/user-password-crypted.

The preseed file checker does not recognize this value.

What would be a good approach to include support for this?