[Simple-cdd-devel] automatically selecting keymap

John Read john.read at om7sense.com
Thu Feb 2 14:24:55 UTC 2017

Hi,
I have been experimenting with simple-cdd in a Jessie environment, and cannot suppress the request for a keymap during the debian installation. I have also tried using the —locale argument.

These are commands that I have tried in the preseed file.
> d-i console-setup/ask-detect boolean false
> d-i console-setup/layoutcode string us
> d-i keyboard-configuration/layout select German
> d-i keyboard-configuration/variant select German
> d-i keyboard-configuration/modelcode string pc105
> d-i keyboard-configuration/layoutcode string no
> d-i keyboard-configuration/xkb-keymap select us

Please can anybody help?

regards
John Read
Om7Sense GmbH
Next-Gen Energy Management For Data Centers
john.read at om7sense.com
Tel: +49-8072-9369985
Mob: +49-1752014830