[Soc-coordination] Re: Ready for mid-term evaluation

Carlos Parra Camargo cparra at emergya.info
Tue Jun 27 10:18:42 UTC 2006

On 26/06/06 13:54, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Hi Carlos,
>
> Google are asking for mentors to fill in the mid-term project
> evaluation forms this week. As far as I can see, you're getting on
> well with the code so far; I had another play with it over this
> weekend and I can see how you're doing. By your own timeline in your
> project proposal, you should be in the middle of implementing alpha 2
> and it looks like you're keeping up very well so far - well done! :-)

Thanks for the comments, but IMHO there are a lot of things to be done.
I've been a little bit busy with my work and the exams but this
wednesday is my last exam and i will have much more time to work in the
project. My idea is to work daily on the project.

> The only _minor_ problem I have at this point is documentation - it's
> a little sketchy so far. Are you planning on writing more soon?

My plan is to write three kinds of doc: code, devel and user documentation.

  Functions description. (code doc)
  Comments when needed around the code. (code doc)
  How the global program works. Design. (devel doc)
  How to use the program. (user doc)

I supose you are interested in the design and devel documentation. If
you would like i can write for this week about the design. Sooner or
later, i was going to do that so there is no problem :-) In fact, it's
a fault to start coding without a design (sorry) but the truth is that i'm
looking a lot debian-cd code and i've changed my mind more than once
about how to do X, Y or Z. Anyway, i've a global idea about how to do most
of the things and i can write a a complete design.

> Cheers,

Thanks to everybody that is asking about this project, i've found that
there are a lot of people interested in debian-images-generator :D

Ey! Also thanks for my mentor who solves any doubt i have in a hurry ;)

--
Carlos Parra Camargo
Emergya, Soluciones Tecnológicas
cparra at emergya.info